1. The Bicycle
-Lie on the floor and lace your fingers behind your head
-Bring your knees in toward the chest and lift your shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on your neck
-Straighten your left leg out while simultaneously turning your upper body to the right, taking your left elbow toward your right knee.
-Switch side, bringing your right elbow toward your left knee.
-Continue alternating sides, “pedaling” for one to three sets of ten to fifteen reps.
2. Vertical Leg Crunch
- Lie on the floor and extend your legs straight up with knees crossed.
- Place your hands flat on the floor for support.
- Contract your abs to lift your shoulder blades off the floor, as though you’re reaching your chest toward your feet.
- Keep your legs in a fixed position and imagine bringing your belly button toward your spine at the top of the movement.
- Lower and repeat for one to three sets of ten to fifteen reps.
3. Exercise-ball Crunch
- Lie on the ball, positioning it under your lower back.
- Cross your arms over your chest or behind your head if you need more support.
- Contract your abs to lift your torso off the ball, pulling the bottom of your rib cage down toward your hips.
- As you curl up, keep the ball stable; it shouldn’t roll!
- Lower your back down, feeling a stretch in the abs, and repeat for one to three sets of ten to fifteen reps